Data Protection Notice
1. Name and Contact Information of the Controller
Controller: Dr. Karen Wieland, Attorney-at-Law (Germany), Barkenkoppel 58, D-22391 Hamburg, Phone: +49 (0)40 5361633, Fax: +49 (0)40 63128768, Email: kw (at) karen-wieland.de.
2. Collection and Storage of Personal Data as well as Type and Purpose of its Use on a Visit of the Website www.karen-wieland.de
When you visit the website www.karen-wieland.de, the browser installed on your device automatically sends data to the server of our website. This data will be without any action on your part temporarily (seven days) stored in a logfile. Subsequent data will be collected and stored until its automatic deletion:
- the IP address of the requesting device,
- the date and time of the query,
- the name and URL of the requested file,
- the website, from which the query has been made (Referrer-URL),
- the type of browser and, as the case may be, the operating system of your device and the name of your access provider.
The above data will be processed by the law firm Dr. Wieland for the following purposes:
- establishment of a successful connection of the website,
- enabling of a conformable use of the website,
- analysis of security and the stability of the system.
The legal basis of the data processing is Article 6 paragraph 1 sentence 1 General Data Protection Regulation (»GDPR«). Our legitimate interest results from the above purposes for the data collection. We will in no event use the collected data for the purpose of drawing conclusions about you as a person.
The law firm Dr. Wieland does not use any cookies, analytic services or social media plug-ins (such as Facebook, Twitter or Instagram).
If you contact the law firm Dr. Wieland by e-mail, we will also store personal data that you submit in this way. The processing of the data submitted by the sender is based on Article 6 paragraph 1 lit. b or lit. c GDPR.
Contacting the law firm Dr. Wieland takes place in unencrypted form. Please be aware that this communication channel involves risks for the confidentiality of the communication. Therefore, carefully consider which data and information you submit to the law firm Dr. Wieland by email.
3. Disclosure of Data
A disclosure of your personal data to third parties for other purposes as specified below will not take place.
The law firm Dr. Wieland will disclose your personal data to third parties only if
- you have given us your explicit consent to it according to Article 6 paragraph 1 sentence 1 lit. a GDPR,
- the disclosure is required in accordance with Article 6 paragraph 1 sentence 1 GDPR for the enforcement, exercise or defense of legal rights and there are no grounds for assuming that you have a predominant worthy of protection right of non-disclosure,
- a statutory obligation for the disclosure according to Article 6 paragraph 1 sentence 1 lit. c GDPR exist, or
- this is permitted by law and in accordance with Article 6 paragraph 1 sentence 1 lit. b GDPR necessary for the performance of contractual relationships with you.
4. Rights of the Persons Affected
- according to Article 7 paragraph 3 GDPR revoke towards us your once given consent at any time. This has the effect that we must not continue in the future the data processing that was based on your consent;
- according to Article 15 paragraph 3 GDPR request information about your personal data processed by us. You may in particular require information about the processing purposes, the categories of the personal data processed, categories of recipients to whom data have been or will be disclosed, the planned storage period, the existence of a right to correction, deletion, restriction of the processing or objection, the existence of a right to appeal, the origin of your data if they were not collected by us as well as about the existence of an automated decision making including profiling and, as the case may be, significant information about details thereof;
- according to Article 16 GDPR require the prompt correction of incorrect or the prompt completion of incomplete personal data stored by the law firm Dr. Wieland;
- according to Article 17 GDPR require the deletion of your personal data stored by the law firm Dr. Wieland unless the processing is necessary for (1) the execution of the right to freedom of expression and information, (2) the fulfillment of a legal obligation, (3) reasons of public interest or for the enforcement, execution or defense of legal rights;
- according to Article 18 GDPR require the restriction of the processing of your personal data, as far as you contest the correctness of the data, the processing is unlawful, but you refuse the deletion and the law firm Dr. Wieland does no longer need the data, though you need the data for the enforcement, execution of defense of legal rights or if you according to Article 21 GDPR have raised an objection against the processing;
- according to Article 20 GDPR receive your personal data that you provided to us in a structured, common and machine-readable format or require the transmission to another controller;
- according to Article 21 GDPR raise an objection against the processing of your personal data, as far as reasons exists that arise out of your specific situation;
- according to Article 77 GDPR to complain to an authority.
The competent data protection authority for the law firm Dr. Wieland is:
Agent for Data Protection and Freedom of Information of the City of Hamburg
Hamburgischer Beauftragter für Datenschutz und Informationsfreiheit (HmbBfDI)
Kurt-Schumacher-Allee 4, 20097 Hamburg
5. Right of Objection
When your personal data is processed on the basis of legitimate interests in accordance with Article 6 paragraph 1 sentence 1 lit. f GDPR, according to Article 21 GDPR you may object the processing of your personal data insofar as there are reasons that arise out of your specific situation or if the objection is directed against direct advertising. In the latter case you have a general right to object that will be implemented by us without statement of a specific situation.
If you intend to exercise your right of revocation or your right to object you can contact us by email by clicking here.
6. Data Security
The law firm Dr. Wieland uses appropriate technical and organizational security measures to protect your personal data against accidental or deliberate manipulation, partial or complete loss, deletion or access by unauthorized third persons.
7. Topicality and Amendments to this data protection notice
The further development of this website or statutory or official requirements may make it necessary to amend this data protection notice. You can retrieve the data protection notice in its current valid version under
This data protection notice is currently in force and is as of December 2019.
Links to External Websites
This website contains links to websites of other operators. The links lead you directly to the websites of these other operators. The law firm Dr. Wieland has no influence on whether these operators comply with the data protection law. Therefore, the law firm Dr. Wieland cannot assume any responsibility for other operators lawful handling of your personal data.